- Review of Le compositeur, son oreille et ses machines à écrire, by Fabien Lévy. Music & Letters 99, no. 2 (2018): 309–312.
- Review of Schumann’s Music and E.T.A. Hoffmann’s Fiction, by John MacAuslan. Notes 75, no. 1 (2018): 89–93.
- Review of Advanced Schenkerian Analysis: Perspectives on Phrase Rhythm, Motive, and Form, by David Beach. Music Theory & Analysis 4, no. 1 (2017): 131–144.
- “Roland Barthes’s ‘Schumann’ Essays: Towards a Reinscription of Schenkerian Analytical Practice.” PhD diss., New York University, 2016.
- “Diderot, Schumann, Barthes.” Conference Roland Barthes @100, Cardiff, UK, March 2015.
- Review of Rethinking Schumann, edited by Laura Tunbridge and Roe-Min Kok. Notes 69, no. 4 (2013): 775–778.
- Review of Sounding the Virtual: Gilles Deleuze and the Theory and Philosophy of Music, edited by Brian Hulse and Nick Nesbitt. Notes 68, no. 2 (2011): 351–354.
- “Interpretive Moebius Strips: Obsessional Discourse, Adolescent Writing, and the Early/Late-Style Opposition.” XI International Conference on Musical Signification, Krakow, Poland, September 2010.
- “Frugality and its Hermeneutics in the Music of Robert Schumann.” 16th Biennial Conference for 19th-Century Music, Southampton, UK, July 2010.